Friday, April 13, 2012

MELANIE by The Santairs (aka M_I_N_E)

MELANIE by The Santairs (aka M_I_N_E) Video Clips. Duration : 3.73 Mins.


Thissong was recorded at Audio Recording, Inc. in Seattle by legendary engineer, Kearney Barton (who recorded The Kingsmen "Jolly Green Giant" of "Louie, Louie" fame, The Sonics "Psycho", The Frantics "Werewolf", "Angel Of The Morning" by Merrilee Rush and many others.) It was an 8 track analog studio, recorded onto 1 inch reel tape. On this particular recording, I kept it simple, using only 3 musicians, including myself. I played the electric guitar, while Sean Crain played the acoustic guitar, and Christopher Boone performed the keyboards. It took a few takes before we got this take. Chris overdubbed his keyboard parts after we nailed the main performance. To finish off this particular mix, I had to convert it from a cassette format (which was the only format I had this in) that was about 17 years old onto the Audacity program on my computer with a JVC TD-W254 Double Cassette Deck 3 motor Silent Mechanism. This is song #128. At the time I wrote the song, I never knew or met a Melanie. Only shortly after I wrote this song did I actually meet a Melanie. And later in life, I got to know a few over the years. I almost called this song "Melody" but I thought it was too obvious where the music was concerned. I find it to be one of the best female named songs that I've written. (There are 3 that I particularly like lyric wise: Angela Angel, Laura, and Melanie.) You can hear the anguish in the words of this song of lost and unrequited love. Ironically, I later met a Melanie ...

Tags: ballad, Melanie, slow song, love song, sad song, subtitles, haunting, new song, queer folk, rangers, song live

No comments:

Post a Comment